What Wood's Homes is Hiring for:
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a children’s mental health centre that provides treatment and support for children, youth and families with mental health needs.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 500 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Strathmore, Fort McMurray.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a Program Supervisor for our Community Stabilization Program. This program provides quick-access, short-term crisis services for adolescents (ages 12-17) experiencing mental health concerns, high risk behaviors and/or family system difficulties.
Program Supervisor is responsible for the development, management and
supervision of one designated department or program.
position reports to the Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Provide weekly supervision, staff training, evaluation, recruitment and any disciplinary action necessary within the guidelines set by Senior Management to all program staff.
- Ensures that approved clinical case management and record keeping procedures are practiced according to Wood’s quality improvement guidelines.
- Assists/advises managers, supervisors and programs re day to day operations as needed and shares regular on-call responsibilities for the agency.
- Assumes responsibility for the development, review and adherence of the program budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Degree in Social Sciences or related field at the undergraduate level required (graduate preferred).
- Must have experience with supervision and team development
- Must have experience with Children’s Services and Crisis Management
- Experience and demonstrated skill working with young people and families.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Good clinical acumen.
- Personal suitability is important.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, Community Stabilization Program’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Wood's Homes is available in Calgary.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Wood's Homes offers:
Company Benefits - Prescription medication, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, short term disability, company pension
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Wood's Homes has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
- Two years recent related experience in a healthcare setting working with medically complex clients with concurrent disorders, or a combination of education, training and experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Wood's Homes:
Woods Homes is a community owned and operated childrens mental health centre based in Calgary. With a staff complement of 350 we provide 34 programs and services for at-risk children, youth and their families. Locally and nationally known and respected as a centre of excellence for child and family treatment, research and training, a workplace of choice and a leader in the development of innovative service choices.
Read more on Wood's Homes job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Wood's Homes? It’s time to take action!