What Interior Health Authority is Hiring for:
Penticton Regional Hospital has a Permanent Full Time opportunity for a Master’s Level Social Worker to join our team. This position will work in multiple practise areas including Acute, Home Health, Long Term Care, and Inpatient Psychiatry as needed.
The Social Worker provides comprehensive therapeutic clinical counselling services to patients and families in the assigned clinical specialty area. Other responsibilities include:
• Conducts comprehensive social work and psycho-social assessments of patients and families using a variety of modalities and in accordance with professional standards and clinical policies and practices and educates and provides consultation to patient, families and healthcare professionals.
• Provides leadership to the interdisciplinary team in care planning for the effective utilization of patient resources and participates as a member of local committees and planning bodies to identify areas for improved efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery to enhance patient care services and reduce gaps in the community.
• Develops, coordinates and delivers in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups and initiates, develops and carries out research activities in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
Shifts are scheduled between Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00.
Excellent benefits! Opportunity to maximize your skills! An organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply today!
Penticton Community Profile: We live where people come for holidays! With one of the best year-round climates in Canada it’s easy to enjoy our two beautiful lakes, acres of parks, and wilderness trails on the local mountains. Penticton's population is approximately 33,000 and offers the amenities of a big city with a small town charm. We also have world class wineries, award-winning restaurants, craft brew pubs, local foods markets, festivals, concerts and ski areas. There is more time to enjoy life here because everything we do is close by. Leave the rat race behind and instead enjoy spending time with family and friends, at the beaches, shopping downtown and going to the markets for amazing local wine and foods.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Masters Degree of Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
• One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Interior Health Authority is available in Calgary.
About Interior Health Authority:
Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development. Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, our beautiful region includes larger cities such as Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, and Vernon along with a multitude of rural communities such as Cranbrook, Golden, Ashcroft, and 100 Mile House. Interior Health is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens with staff and physicians who are committed to teamwork and high quality patient care â all playing an important part in our vision to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia.
Read more on Interior Health Authority job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Interior Health Authority? It’s time to take action!