Software Licensing Specialist
What Microserve is Hiring for:
At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 400 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve has an opening for a Software Licensing Specialist (SLS) in Burnaby to provide inside sales related support. If you are looking to join a growing sales team, get mentored by the best and advance your IT sales career with a progressive company this is the role for you! You will report to the Inside Sales Manager and your primary goal will be to ensure our clients receive the best possible experience with Microserve. As the SLS, you will work closely with Microserve Account Executives and clients to provide expert solutions in pre- and post-sale capacity with all facets of software acquisition needs. You will liaise between clients and internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to our client needs and company goals.
At Microserve, we pride ourselves in providing our clients with innovative product solutions that meet a high standard of excellence. If this sounds like the role for you, please review the responsibilities and requirements below. This role can be worked remotely anywhere in Canada, with candidates available to work BC/AB hours.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with customers to determine their requirements and identify licensing / subscription models that are the best suited for their needs
- Keep current with strategic software vendors (e.g. Microsoft, Adobe, Veeam, VMWare etc.) licensing and subscription models and articulate the benefits of available options
- Fulfill licensing adds/changes within vendor and distribution portals
- Updating agreements to ensure invoicing reflects actual usage at all times
- Active involvement in drafting & streamlining Software Asset Management Process
- Evaluate software usage options for license optimization
- Assist the clients to identify their position on license compliance across publishers like Microsoft, VMware, Adobe etc.
- Assist the clients to address the challenges related to software licensing by identifying solutions for reducing compliance exposure
- Understand the trends and technological evolutions as it relates to cloud to help customers with their decisions
- Maintain up to date expertise with vendor licensing requirements, terms and options
- Drive sales by promoting appropriate licensing solutions to customers
- Proactive follow-up with Account Managers and customers regarding license renewals or up-selling opportunities
- Manage contracts and relationships to maximize value creation for software licensing, maintenance and service offerings
- When appropriate drives customer adoption, expansion and renewal of the core practice area technology
- Attend license training and earn partner certifications
- Maintain an accurate view of software license risk
- Ensure client delivery expectations are met
- Maintain and improve quality results by following standards and recommending improved policies and procedures
- 1-2 years of experience in IT industry, preferably in Software Asset Management and Licensing
- 1-2 years of experience in full cycle sales
- Familiarity with IT/technology licensing, outsourcing and service agreements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attentiveness to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Microserve is available in Calgary SE, Calgary NE, Calgary NW, Calgary, Calgary (Downtown), Calgary SW, Canada.
Technology is empowering. It helps us accomplish more with fewer resources. We can use it to maintain high-quality work, even at breakneck speeds, or to achieve things we haven’t imagined yet. And it connects us, allowing us to stay in contact anytime, anywhere.
At Microserve, we use technology to empower our clients to succeed. That means delivering the kind of IT support and consultation that helps turn your goals into reality.
Microserve is headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax. Founded in 1987, we support the IT needs of businesses and organizations across industries throughout British Columbia, Alberta and Atlantic Canada, with clients ranging from mid-sized operations to enterprise-level organizations. We partner with each of our clients, regardless of size, to provide custom, responsive IT support and solutions that propel our clients toward their goals.
We genuinely believe we’re the best choice for IT support in Canada.
Read more on Microserve job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Microserve? It’s time to take action!