Special Events Crew, On-Call
What The City of Calgary is Hiring for:
- Work as part of a team, under the direction of a Special Events Crew Chief, to set up and take down special event equipment.
- Adhere to safety standards and ensure equipment is set up to specifications.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients and partners.
- Work onsite with other City staff and partners.
- Perform inventory counts and prepare materials for events.
- Maintain materials under the direction of a Special Events Crew Chief.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Current Standard First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) level "C", and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certifications are required.
- Current Fall Protection certification is an asset.
- Previous experience in event, film, theatre, or sound production is considered an asset.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Driver's License (or provincial equivalent) with no more than six demerits and no current charges or suspensions pending, and the use of a personal vehicle for business purposes will be considered an asset.
- You have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team.
- You are able to take direction, learn procedures quickly and have sound safety judgement and problem solving abilities.
Working Conditions: These positions work mainly outdoors in all types of weather conditions and require repetitive heavy lifting (up to a maximum of 50lbs). Lifting includes heavy objects like tent frames, stage decks or fence panels.
- A valid security clearance must be provided. Date of completion must be within the last 12 months.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Applicants may be contacted, interviewed and hired throughout the duration of this competition.
Location / region:
This listing from The City of Calgary is available in Calgary.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with The City of Calgary offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
The City of Calgary has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- At least 16 years of age
- Current Standard First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) level "C", and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certifications
- Class 5 Driver's License
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About The City of Calgary:
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
Read more on The City of Calgary job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from The City of Calgary? It’s time to take action!