What Pateno Payments Inc. is Hiring for:
Pateno Payments Inc. (“Pateno”) is a privately held Canadian financial technology company, providing innovative solutions in the area of online payments to corporations. Additionally, Pateno owns and operates a cryptocurrency exchange platform, Bitvo Inc. (“Bitvo”). To learn more about the products and services we provide, please visit our websites at https://www.pateno.com/ and https://bitvo.com/.
Pateno is seeking a Student Analyst to join its team of top professionals poised for significant growth. Pateno’s Accounting, Operations and Cryptocurrency Trading teams provide a unique variety of tasks and opportunities for applicants. The ideal incumbent is one who is highly motivated, accurate, independent, and has a desire to learn from our top industry experts.
The 4-month co-op work placement commences on September 1st, 2021 and will report to the company’s Controller and the Chief Executive Officer. This position will be in-person and based in Calgary, Alberta.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analyze financial data and create financial models for management-level decision support.
· Analyze past results, identify trends, and produce recommendations for the improvement of various processes.
· Assist with the daily and monthly data collection, analysis, and reconciliation.
· Develop business proposals, board meeting materials, and presentations.
· Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and comparable valuation analysis.
· Assist with the maintenance and security of Pateno and Bitvo as well as customer support troubleshooting using several operational procedures.
· Increase productivity by developing automated reporting and forecasting tools.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Currently enrolled in a BCOMM degree program or equivalent and returning to school in January 2022.
· Students with an interest or specialization in accounting and finance are preferred.
· Proficient in MS Office with a strong fluency in Excel formulas and functions.
· Ability to exercise great judgment and utilize critical thinking skills.
· Strong analytical, data gathering, and reporting skills.
· Sufficient written and oral communications skills.
· Time management skills with the ability to multi-task and problem solve effectively.
· Highly motivated and results oriented, with a bias for action and a sense of urgency.
· Uphold the company’s values of integrity, innovation, accountability, and teamwork.
· Ability to work independently and in a team requiring strong interpersonal skills.
· Flexible and adaptable to work in a very fast paced environment.
· Strong attention to detail.
Why work for Pateno?
Pateno and its subsidiary Bitvo employ a group of innovative and diverse professionals that are dedicated to both solving the evolving online payment needs of our clients. We value integrity, collaboration, respect, and accuracy in everything we do. Students who work at Pateno will experience:
· A dedicated team and work environment.
· Supportive colleagues who desire to see you succeed.
· Challenge existing skillsets and learn from superiors.
· Acquire knowledge of the growing Canadian FinTech industry and the emerging and rapidly evolving industry of cryptocurrency.
· Develop friendships through an interconnected team atmosphere.
Please send your most recent resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to:
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from Pateno Payments Inc. is available in Calgary.
About Pateno Payments Inc.:
Read more on Pateno Payments Inc. job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Pateno Payments Inc.? It’s time to take action!