Community Health Worker
What Interior Health Authority is Hiring for:
We are currently seeking several casual Community Health Workers to join our team in Williams Lake Home Support. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Services are provided 7 days a week in the community so you may be called in any day of the week for short call or pre-booked shifts. Hours of services are 07:00 to 23:00 and at this time we are particularly seeking candidates with availability and desire to work in the evening (approx. 15:00 to 23:00).
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week. If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work supporting your clients while working with a great team, Williams Lake Home Support is the place for you. Apply today!
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*
Location / region:
This Part-time listing from Interior Health Authority is available in Calgary.
About Interior Health Authority:
Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development. Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, our beautiful region includes larger cities such as Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, and Vernon along with a multitude of rural communities such as Cranbrook, Golden, Ashcroft, and 100 Mile House. Interior Health is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens with staff and physicians who are committed to teamwork and high quality patient care â all playing an important part in our vision to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia.
Read more on Interior Health Authority job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Interior Health Authority? It’s time to take action!