Community Health Worker
What Interior Health is Hiring for:
We are seeking Community Health Workers to join our team in 100 Mile House Home Support. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Services are provided 7 days a week in the community so you may be called in any day of the week. Hours of services are 07:00 to 23:00 and at this time we are particularly seeking candidates with availability and desire to work in the evening (approx. 15:00 to 23:00).
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
We are excited to announce that Interior Health Home Support scheduling is in the process of upgrading to a modernized scheduling software called Procura. This will increase workplace safety while making it easier for our CHWs to get the information they need when they need it. That includes updates to schedules, offers of shifts, automated mileage claims and flowsheets, hazard notifications all in real time. One of the biggest perks is that we are providing iPhones to ALL of our CHWs that work more than 8 hours/week with the option to upgrade for personal use at a cost of only $25/month! This will be rolling out to each of our Home Support offices over the rest of the year.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work supporting your clients while working with a great team, 100 Mile House Home Support is the place for you. Apply today!
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*
Location / region:
This Part-time listing from Interior Health is available in Calgary.
About Interior Health:
Read more on Interior Health job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Interior Health? It’s time to take action!