Journeyman 2 Auto Body Technician
What The City of Calgary is Hiring for:
- Overseeing the execution of designing, building, repairing, modifying, painting, and refinishing auto body damage.
- Component replacement and alignment by removing damaged body parts; and returning vehicle to pre collision state.
- Body sheet-metal work by hammering out and patching dents, dimples, and other minor body damage.
- Conventional frame and unibody structural repairs by realigning frames and chassis.
- Refinish surfaces including; matching custom colours to all industrial and automotive surfaces and applying new finishes to restored body parts.
- Estimating the time and value of the auto body work to be repaired, for the purpose of organizing daily shop work throughput.
- Organize, direct and supervise the work of shop personal including, Auto Body Technicians, Serviceman and Apprentice.
- Participate in health and safety meetings and work groups and ensures that any defective equipment is reported promptly.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies that are utilized meet with standards and expectations and are used as directed.
- Completed all 3 Journeyman certificates in Auto Body Technician, (Prepper, Refinisher, and Repair) as recognized by Alberta Apprenticeship.
- At least 8 years of experience in an auto body setting performing appraisals, repair and maintenance.
- A valid Class 5 Driver's Licence, with no more than 6 demerits, no current suspensions or charges pending.
- A valid "Q" endorsement is considered an asset; all successful applicants must be able to obtain a "Q" endorsement within 2 months of employment.
- Previous experience in a mentoring/ supervisory/leadership/management position will be considered an asset.
- Success in this position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, technical proficiency, ability to work in a team environment and demonstrated good work practices.
- Must be customer focused with the ability to move from one task to another as required.
- Must be able to obtain a City of Calgary operator's permit.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Location / region:
This Full-time listing from The City of Calgary is available in Calgary.
About The City of Calgary:
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
Read more on The City of Calgary job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from The City of Calgary? It’s time to take action!