Kumon Math & Reading Assistant
What Kumon is Hiring for:
Position Title: Math & Reading Assistant
Location: Thorncliffe Kumon
Position: Part Time
Hours of Work: Tue 4:00PM-8:00PM, Wed 4:00PM-8:00PM, Thu 4:00PM-8:00PM
The position offered is an excellent opportunity for those considering teaching careers and to gain work experience with children.
- Grade and document each student’s progress;
- Communicate each student's needs to the Instructor;
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during the instruction hour;
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm;
- Housekeeping duties include, but are not limited to, ensuring reference and writing materials are available, dating and preparing students' worksheets in sequence for the next session, ensure worksheets are available when required and maintaining a neat and tidy environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in this field is an asset but not required.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and energetic. He/she must possess the following attributes:
- Superior communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Flexibility to deal with regular interruptions and changes in routine;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Ability to multitask.
- A security clearance is required.
- Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
- Ongoing training outside hours of work (as stated above) are require and will be compensated.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter. Only those selected will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 5-12 per week
Location / region:
This Part-time listing from Kumon is available in Calgary.
Afterschool Math and Reading Program
Read more on Kumon job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Kumon? It’s time to take action!