Landscape Maintenance & Construction Workers
What Blue Grass Ltd. is Hiring for:
We are hiring both Landscape Maintenance & Landscape Construction Workers. Landscape crew members will be responsible for performing a variety of work tasks in order to complete grounds maintenance in our City Parks. Successful candidates will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified tasks, and understand the levels of service required at each site in order to meet Blue Grass Ltd standards as laid out by their supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
These are essential duties and responsibilities; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
· Help loading/unloading of trucks and trailers in the AM and PM
· Cut and trim grass, clean up refuse, blow trimmings
· Operate power equipment including (but not limited to) Toro 5910/John Deere 1600, line trimmers, blowers
· Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools and equipment
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
· Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, and small engine equipment
· Ability to walk, stand, or crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Requires good manual dexterity and excellent stamina
· Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
· Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust and noise
· Operate mower or weed whipper for long periods of time
· Ability to work long days
· Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and safe driving record.
· Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
· Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs and complete simple reports
· Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
· Experience operating Kubota, John Deere 1600 & Toro 5910 Mowers
· Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
· Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
· Comply with all company policies and regulations
· Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
· Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
Year-round work is available.
Location / region:
This listing from Blue Grass Ltd. is available in Alberta.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Blue Grass Ltd. offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Blue Grass Ltd. has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Driver Licenses
- Long Hours
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Blue Grass Ltd.:
Large sod farm and tree nursery requires seasonal full-time positions at our Rocky View location from April to December. Duties include sod farming and nursery work. Will involve physical labour of planting, pruning and digging trees. Training will be provided but previous experience would be an asset. Steel toed footwear required. 40-60 hours per week depending on weather and business volume.
Address: 260130B Writing Creek Crescent, Rocky View County, AB
Read more on Blue Grass Ltd. job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Blue Grass Ltd.? It’s time to take action!