Long-Term Care Attendant
What Interior Health is Hiring for:
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at the Dr. Andrew Pavillion – Summerland Extended Care home!
Dr. Andrew Pavillion, located in Summerland, embodies resident-centred philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level and provide the best quality of life possible. It is a one-storey, non-profit seniors care home with 50 private, semi-private and four-bed rooms with ensuite washrooms.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCAs have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each client, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. Shifts could be on days, evenings or nights as needed. At this time we are particular seeking candidates available to cover vacation relief for the spring and summer. Shifts may be on days, evenings and nights with common shift times of 07:00 to 15:13, 07:00 to 14:00, 06:00 to 14:00, 14:00 to 22:00, 15:00 to 23:13, 23:00 to 07:13, and 23:00 to 07:00.
Typical duties include:
• Assist individuals with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany individuals on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their clients and their community. Apply today!
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your resume or CV please provide a copy of your health care certificate.*
Location / region:
This Temporary/Contract/Project listing from Interior Health is available in Summerland.
About Interior Health:
Interior Health is a regional health authority in British Columbia. It is one of the five publicly-funded regional health authorities, serving the southern Interior region of British Columbia
Read more on Interior Health job listings
Ready to apply ?
Interested in this lead from Interior Health? It’s time to take action!